Joan Sims ('Carry On' Film Actor) Art Exhibition Poster
British comedy lovers and movie poster collectors will enjoy this exhibition poster which imagines if Joan Sims, one of the stars of the 'Carry On' films, had also been an avant garde artist, and had exhibited monumental bronze sculptures in London in the early 1960s.
This make-believe memorabilia has been designed in a convincing retro vintage style, inspired by many of the exhibition posters displayed in London in the 1960s - a cool, solid, dynamically international look that characterised the renewed spirit in Britain as it moved from the fifties into the sixties.
('Carry On' fans may spot the references to Joan Sims' film roles in the name of the gallery here, Gibson & Bagley. Chloë Gibson was the character she played in 'Carry On Doctor', and Lady Evelyn Bagley was the name of her character in 'Carry On Up The Jungle').
- Size: 16.5 x 11.5 inches, 42 x 29.7 cm
- Professionally printed on 200gsm/120lb premium archival heavy silk paper
- Shipped in a sturdy mailing tube
- The print is sold unframed (the frame in the photo is for illustrational purposes only.
UK £1.00 per order
EU £2.00 per order
USA £3.00 per order
Rest of the world £3.00 per order
Free shipping on orders over £50
Ready to ship in
1-3 business days
Royal Mail First Class Post (UK orders)
Royal Mail standard Airmail (international orders)
Delivery estimates after dispatch
UK 1-2 business days
Ireland 1 week
Continental Europe 1-2 weeks
USA and Canada 2-3 weeks
Australia 2-3 weeks
Rest of the world 2-3 weeks
Please note, items can take up to 7 business days (UK) or 5 weeks (everywhere else) to arrive depending on local and international postal conditions, though the above estimates are usually the normal shipping times. Shipping may be slower at certain times of the year, so please allow for this when placing your order.
Returns and Exchanges
- Standard Designs gladly accepts returns, exchanges and cancellations
- For returns, contact us within 30 days of purchase
- Ship items back within 30 days of purchase
- Custom items and gift cards cannot be returned or exchanged
- Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs
- If a returned item is not in its original condition the buyer is responsible for any loss in value
- Cancellations can occur only before an item is shipped